Google Atlanta looking for Data Center Techs
September 22, 2011 Leave a comment
Data Center Facilities Technician – Atlanta
Google – Georgia – Atlanta (Greater Atlanta Area)
This position is based in Atlanta, GA.
The area: Operations and IT, Data CenterThe Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We’re diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented engineers and managers working on a daily basis to develop data centers that are changing the face of contemporary computing facilities.
The role: Data Center Facilities TechnicianGoogle seeks experienced facilities technicians to operate, monitor, and support data centers. Working under the direction of the Data Center Facilities Manager, you will interact with support teams at Google headquarters and with local contractors and vendors. You must ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services, and that internal customer demands are met. You will develop creative approaches to keep operational costs to a minimum, improve efficiency, and implement new strategies.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control
- Track and trend operational characteristics
- An Associate’s degree, trade school certification, other verifiable training or equivalent in a relevant technical field
- At least 2 years at journeyman or technician level, or the equivalent in a critical environment. Preference given to data center, hospital, or power plant experience
- At least 2 years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both. Mechanical applicants must have or obtain a Universal Refrigerant Handler’s certification. Or Electrical applicants must have or obtain licensing if required by the local jurisdiction
- Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems
- Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
- These positions require shift work that includes weekends and holidays.
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.
- August 29, 2011
- Not Applicable
- Information Technology
- Information Services, Internet
- Job ID: